27 Jul 2020

Sketchy Roses Thank You Card



I've used the Paper Rose Studio Sketchy Roses card kit for this thank you card.
I stamped the flowers and buds onto Canson XL watercolour paper and gold heat embossed them. The flower and buds were coloured using distress inks. Colours were mustard seed first and then fossilized amber at the base of the petals and where shadows would be. I then put abandoned coral over the fossilized  amber.
The leaves are mowed lawn wash, drop in pine needles while wet, allow to dry and then go over with mowed lawn again.
I thought the images needed more dimension, so added some shading with Prismacolor pencils. I used orange on the petals because I don't have a coral pencil but it still worked. I used dark green and grass green for the petals. Images were then fussy cut.
The panel is is more Canson watercolour paper and I ink smooshed with mustard seed and fossilized amber distress inks. When this was completely dry, I spattered it with a mixture of mowed lawn and pine needles. This gave a slight green speckle in the background.

I cut the panel using MFT In and Out diagonal rectangle die and sponged around the outside with fossilized amber.
I arranged the flowers on the panel and determined where to put the sentiment. I used the SimonSaysStamp thanks die and cut it directly from the panel.
I adhered the panel to my cardbase, put the diecut onto foam and then adhered it back into place. I had planned to sponge fossilized amber around the die cut before I adhered it, but I forgot, so I used glossy accents over it instead.
I attached the buds and extra leaves to the flower and then put it all on foam tape and adhered to the card. I thought it needed one more leaf so I coloured another one and adhered it directly to the card.
I added sparkle to the flowers and thought that was enough.


Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card