30 Jul 2020

Watercolour sketchy rose card



For this card, I used the Paper Rose Studio sketchy rose card kit again and only two ink colours. Pool and lemon from paper rose. These inks not only blend beautifully but also play very nicely with water.
The flowers were silver heat embossed on Tim Holtz  watercolour paper.
Using the Paper  Rose pool ink from the kit, I slowly built up the colour on the roses, concentrating at the petal base and where the shadows would be. I then added lemon ink to petal edges. The lemon mixed with the pool to make a pretty green.
The leaves are a mixture of pool and lemon.
I then fussy cut all the images.
I cut a neenah 80lb panel slightly smaller than my card base and inked around the edges with pool ink and a makeup brush leaving the centre white. I protected centre of the panel and then spattered pool ink around the edges.
I also spattered the flowers with pool ink and regret that, but lesson learned.
The small flower and bud were adhered directly to the card and the large flower is mounted on foam.
There is Nuvo shimmer pen on the flowers which is difficult to capture but looks beautiful. Nuvo jewel drops in sea breeze as embellishment.
There is no sentiment because I'm saving it for an "any occasion"stash.
Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card