4 Dec 2020

Christmas Card

 

I'm so excited to be guest designer on The Flower Challenge. Thanks so much for asking me, Viv. The theme is add embellishments and what better time than Christmas is there for adding embellishments.


The stamp set I've used is Holiday Bouquet by Avery Elle. The main image was stamped in momento tuxedo black and coloured with copic markers.
Flowers are R24, R37 and R89. Flower centres are Y17.
Berries are R37 and R89.
Leaves are G09 and G28.

The image was cut with the co ordinating die. On a piece of cardstock smaller than my card base, I determined where the flowers would go and then added in greenery behind. 
The pine needles are stamped using LDRS creative four leaf hybrid ink doing first, second and third generation stamping. 
Before adhering the flowers on foam tape, I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set.
I added the panel to a green mat ( made by inking the edges with the same green ink) and adhered this to my card base.

Now for the fun part. Adding embellishments!
Nuvo shimmer pen on the flowers. ( difficult to see in photos)
Nuvo gold glitter drops for the flower centres. I start with 3 or 4 drops with enough  space between so they remain distinct drops. Once they're dry, I put more drops in the gaps. This gives dimension rather than one big blob.
Glossy accents on the berries.
And finished with some iridescent clear sequins.


Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo



 





14 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card here Helen! I love the bright red Poinsettia's and all the sparkle too. Thanks for being our Guest Designer this month over at 'The Flower Challenge';) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, I have had a love affair with Poinsettias this year! This is my first time laying eyes on this gorgeous number... you've colored it beautifully!!
    Congratulations on your GD gig - a brand new blog? It's something we don't see very often in these days of Insta-posting! Congratulations for taking that next step!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, a blog in progress, learning as I go. And I love poinsettias too xxx

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty! I had to go look to be sure I had this set... I do! Beautiful design! I can't wait to color it up again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Helen. I love the greenery behind the poinsettias. It adds some dimension, especially with the generations of stamping. Wonderful embellishments. Thanks for the tip on adding the gold for the center of the flowers. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I had so much fun with it xx

      Delete
  5. Stamping the pines directly on the card added great dimension, Helen, and the centers of the poinsettia are perfect. I should take lessons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poinsettias! I love the greenery you stamped in the background which makes the poinsettia bouquet fuller! Thank you so much for being our guest this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Helen and I love your poinsettias! The background stamping is the perfect addition. Thank you for being our guest this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ericka. I was so honoured to be asked xx

      Delete

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card