10 Oct 2020

U Fold Christmas Card

 

I was inspired by the wonderful Kelly Bates for this card. You can find her card Here and  I used her measurements. 

The cardbase is Neenah 110lb, 4.25 by 8 inches. Score lines are 1.25, 2.5, 5.5 and 6.75 inches.

I didn't have suitable Christmas paper so I stamped each end using images from My Monthly Hero Nov18. The snow flakes are golden glitz Delicata ink and the candy canes are red ruby from Hero Arts.

The tree die cut is My Monthly Hero Oct18 and I cut it from Lawn Fawn Knit Picky paper for some texture.

I inked around the edges of the tree with dark green ink and adhered the two pieces together. I then added a garland and baubles using red stickles and Nuvo glitter drops in honey gold and emerald city.

After waiting 24 hours for everything to dry, I adhered the tree to a panel I'd inked the edges with antique linen distress ink and then adhered this to the centre panel on the card.

The gifts under the tree are from a small Lawn Fawn birthday set and are coloured with copic markers with white gel pen details.

The bridge is 2 layers of Neenah 110lb, edges inked in antique linen and stamped as per card.

The Merry Christmas sentiment is Memory Box and cut from gold mirror cardstock. 
The bridge was cut to .75 by 5.5 inches. This was slightly too long due the bulk on the inside of the card. 
So I adhered the left side only, folded the card flat and then adhered the right hand side. I was then able to trim off the tiny amount off excess. 


I finished with more red stickles and gold Nuvo drops on the left and right sides.

Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card