18 May 2021

Sketched Flowers Birthday Card

 

For this birthday card, I used the Sketched Flowers stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. An oldie but a goodie! I stamped the images I wanted to use onto Bristol smooth cardstock with Versafine onyx black ink and then clear heat embossed. 

This is my entry in The Flower Challenge, "use your favourite flower".

I first put a light wash of Zig real brush markers over the flowers and allowed to dry. Then applied the colour direct from the marker to where I wanted the colour concentrated and spread it with a paint brush and water. Colours used were yellow and light pink. I also put a light wash of blue over the pink flowers to tone down the pink. Because I was mounting the image on black, I used a black sharpie to colour the spaces between the flowers.

I didn't colour the leaves because I knew I wouldn't be using them. 
Using Prismacolor pencils, I added more depth. Colours used were pink, canary yellow and spanish orange. Images were then fussy cut.
After deciding on placement of the flowers on the black panel, I stamped and white heat embossed the sentiment and adhered the panel to my cardbase. I then adhered the flowers. I love how the pale flowers pop off the black!
I added some white dots with a white jell pen and then went slightly overboard with Nuvo drops in dandelion yellow and carnation pink.



Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo


2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! I love the dramatic black background. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card