9 Jun 2021

Cupcake Birthday Cards

 These four cards have been made using Hero Arts Happy Birthday Cupcake stamp and die set. I started by stamping the cupcake multiple times onto bristol smooth cardstock using antique linen distress ink. 

They were then coloured with zig real colour brush markers and cut out. I then decided on the background colours based on the cupcake colours. 
The background colours are distress oxide inks in squeezed lemonade and spun sugar. The coral coloured one is Hero Arts fresh peach ink using second generation stamping.

The backgrounds were cut using MFT in and out diagonal rectangle die and the edges inked with the same ink as the stamping.

I cut circles of white cardstock on which to adhere the cupcakes and also inked the edges of these. 


The sentiment was stamped in Versafine onyx black ink onto cardstock I'd coloured with the inks used so everything was the same .

The circle was adhered to the background and the cupcake was stacked onto another cardstock one and adhered to the circle. The sentiment was also stacked. I used a layer of cardstock because I didn't want the bulk of foam tape.

I then added nuvo drops to the background and the cupcake wrapper, and iridescent glitter glue to the frosting for sparkle. Glossy accents finished the cherries.

The pink one I made slightly differently. I felt it was a bit too pink so added black splatters to tone it down. I tried to do a silver cupcake wrapper by using diluted black with perfect pearls added. 

I wasn't happy with that, so decided to paper piece it with some silver glitter paper. I then stamped another cupcake using spun sugar and cut the frill of the wrapper and adhered that in place. I love how it turned out and I think this one is my favourite.


Thanks for stopping by, 

Helen xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card