5 Jun 2021

Rainbow Butterflies Card

 

This card was inspired by the incredibly talented Amy Rysavy. 

I started with a quarter sheet of canson XL watercolour paper. 

The butterflies are from Avery Elle Butterfies stamp set and were stamped and gold heat embossed with Hero Arts gold embossing powder.

The panel was then taped to a board and I used a wash of distress inks over top in rainbow order. When this was dry, I added a second layer. In hindsight, I think I'd prefer only one layer because I feel it's a bit dark.

Colours used are picked raspberry, carved pumpkin, fossilised amber, mowed lawn, salty ocean and wilted violet.

Using the same colours as the background wash, I painted the butterflies with a mix of distress ink, water and perfect pearls. So much shimmer on the butterflies!

When the panel was dry, I splattered perfect pearls and black soot distress ink.

The sentiment is Paper Rose Studio large Happy Birthday die. I struggled with what colour to use and settled with black offset on gold because I didn't like plain black or plain gold. 

I gave the panel a thin black mat and adhered to a card base and finished with morning dew nuvo drops.


Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card