27 Sept 2021

Hero Arts My Monthly Hero September 2021

 

Using the beautiful sunflower stamp from the kit, I made the same card three times using different colours. I started by stamping the image in the root beer ink included in the kit, on three pieces of white cardstock. I used a stamp positioner and didn't worry if the image wasn't perfect because I knew I'd be re stamping after using the stencils. I found it easier to use the stencils if I had the image first.

The stamp was left in my stamp positioner while I coloured the images. I then re stamped using root beer again, more than once if needed. Images were then die cut.

The backgrounds were ink blended around the edges with one of the colours used on the flowers and then spattered with root beer reactive ink. Sentiments are white heat embossed onto dark brown cardstock. The die cut image slightly overhangs the cardbase but the finished cards still fit in an envelope so I didn't trim them.


Flowers: LDRS Peachy Keen first. Hero Arts Fresh Peach detail layer.
Centres: Hero Arts Caramel and then root beer only around the edge. I did not use the detail centre layer for this card.
Leaves: Hero Arts root beer for detail layer and then Momento pear tart over top for main layer.
Background is Hero Arts fresh peach ink blend and root bear spatters.



Flowers: Hero Arts bubble gum first and then Momento lilac posies detail layer.
Centres: Hero Arts caramel and root bear around edges. Also root beer very lightly for detail layer.
Leaves: Hero Arts key lime fizz for main layer and Simon Says Stamp key lime for detail layer.
Background: Hero Arts bubble gum ink blend around edges and root beer spatters.



Flowers: Simon  Says Stamp lemon zest first and then Hero Arts Butter Bar for detail.
Centres: Hero Arts Caramel with Root Beer around the edge. No detail layer.
Leaves: Hero Arts Root Beer for detail layer with key lime fizz over top for main layer.
Background: Hero Arts key lime fizz ink blended around edges and root beer and key lime fizz spatters.

Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card