26 Sept 2021

Poinsettia Christmas Card

 I was inspired by the wonderful Nichol Spohr for this card. The finished card is 4.5inches by 6.5 inches.

Using Hero Arts paper layering poinsettia die set, I cut 6 of the medium petals and 3 of the smallest from dark red cardstock. I only wanted small flowers so didn't use the largest die. 

I applied versamark ink using a versamarker pen to the tips of the larger petals and all over the smaller die cut. I did not bother with anti static powder because I wanted a distressed look. I then coated them with gold embossing powder and heated. They all looked different and I love how they look when assembled.

Each flower is 2 larger die cuts adhered in the centre and offset. The third layer was then adhered to the top.

The background is Hero Arts liquid watercolour in the colours of pine and moss. I kept layering the colour until I was happy with it and then painted Hero Arts iridescent water colour ink over top for sparkle.

When the background was completely dry, I embossed it with a starburst embossing folder because I thought it fit the Christmas theme.

The leaves are from Paper Rose studio as is the Merry Christmas. 

I adhered the poinsettias only by the bottom layer so the other layers can fold up slightly for dimension. 

I matted the green panel on red and adhered it to a cardbase.

I finished with gold glitter nuvo drops on the flower centres. They don't stand out as much as I would like but it is what it is. 


Thanks for stopping by, 
Helen xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card