16 Oct 2021

Sunset Daisy Birthday Card

 For this birthday card,  I used the beautiful daisy days stamp set from Paper Rose Studio. I tried to recreate the osteospermum I recently bought. 

I'm entering this card in the flower challenge "use a shape". I've used a hexagon.

The flowers were stamped onto neenah desert storm cardstock using brown ink. I then used prismacolor pencils to colour the images. I started with violet at the base of the petals and then moved to orange and then yellow, all with a flicking motion. I then added black to the very base of the petal to darken the purple.  I then repeated all the colours. The flower centres, I coloured brown making it darker around the edge. I then added dots using a white gel pen.

I then struggled with the background,  trying different colours until I settled on orange.

On the orange cardstock I stamped the flower and leaves in versamark ink for a watermark effect. This panel was cut slightly smaller than my cardbase and the edges were inked with vintage photo distress ink.

The hexagon is 3 layers of cardstock for a little dimension.

The sentiment is from Paper Rose Studio sentiments.  I cut it to size and inked around the edge with orange ink and then adhered it to white cardstock slightly bigger. 

The leaves and 2 flowers are adhered directly to the hexagon and the third flower is on foam tape.

I finished with glossy accents on the flower centres and orange nuvo drops.




Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The flowers are so perfectly colored, and they are sure to brighten anyone's day

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Helen! great use of colour and wonderful flowers too of course. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card