21 Jul 2020

Daisy Days Birthday Card

These beautiful daisies are from paper rose studio daisy days stamp set. I've coloured them using zig real brush markers. Colours used were light and dark yellow for the flowers, light and dark green for the leaves and brown flower centres.
Paper rose yellow ink was lightly blended around 3 edges of the card base. I didn't bring the ink all the way to the bottom and protected the crease of the card with masking paper. 
I arranged all the elements on the card to determine where to position the sentiment. 
The sentiment is from the sketched flowers set from Simon says stamp. I thought black would be too stark so I stamped the sentiment multiple times using the paper rose yellow. In hindsight, I wish it was a little darker but still like the way it looks. 


I adhered the black and white paper first. Then a thin strip of yellow cardstock below that. I adhered the two outer flowers next, but only put glue on the flower centres so I could slip the leaves behind the petals. the middle flower is on foam tape. I then adhered the leaves and put glossy accents on the flower centres. Finished with a few Nuvo drops in morning dew.

Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card