1 Aug 2020

Emboss Resist Roses




This card is similar to the previous post but still different using Paper Rose Studio sketchy Rose.
 Initially, I didn't like it but I left it for a day and then went back to it.
The flowers are white heat embossed onto neenah 80lb. Using my stamp positioner, I stamped the first flower in a corner so most of it was on the page. I then rotated the paper  and stamped the opposite corner. Added white embossing powder and heat set.
 I then stamped the other two corners in the same manner but positioned the rose further off the page. These two flowers slightly overlapped the first two. I did not bother masking the first two. I simply stamped in Versamark, added embossing powder and then brushed away the overlapping bits with a dry paintbrush. I then heat set normally.
The ink where the powder was brushed away is very slightly visible under the ink blending but you only notice it if you know its there.
Using a makeup brush, I ink blended pool ink over the embossing, coming in from each corner and leaving the centre of the panel very pale. I added more blending to the flower centres until I was happy with it. Using a small makeup brush, I blended lemon ink over the leaves. I then used the pool ink over the flowers and the leaves so the leaves turned green. This is not so obvious in the photos but the leaves are definitely green.
I then mixed some pool ink with a little water and spattered the whole background.
The panel was cut to be slightly smaller than my card base and adhered.
The hello sentiment is from Hero Arts and it was cut from white cardstock and coloured with fiesta teal ink, also from Hero Arts. I adhered it diagonally to mask the fact that I had a weird shape in the middle. I finished with some Nuvo jewel drops in sea breeze.
Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card