11 Aug 2020

Sparkly Pink Rose Birthday Card


I'm entering this card in The Flower Challenge.

I stamped the images from Paper Rose Studio Sketchy Roses in Versafine onyx black ink onto bristol smooth cardstock and clear heat embossed. 
They were then coloured with Zig brush markers using pink, light pink, deep green, light green and perfect pearls powder.
I laid down the darker colour first, pulled that out with the lighter colour and then pulled that out with perfect pearls mixed with water using a paint brush. This gave a beautiful shimmer to the flowers.
On the card base, I lightly stencilled a dot pattern using hero arts bubblegum pink ink, making it darker where the flower would be and fading out to white.
The black spatters are black soot distress ink mixed with a little water and more perfect pearls because, lets face it, there's no such thing as too much sparkle.
I stamped the sentiment, fussy cut the images and adhered with foam tape.
I finished with some clear sparkling jewels from pretty pink posh for more sparkle.


Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeously colored bright pink rose, Helen! I love the subtle stenciled background, too! And welcome to Blogland! I click on your follow button, but my little thumbnail face didn't appear. I also tried to "follow by email," but it says you don't have the feature enabled. I'd love to have you follow me, too, if you like. Thank you so much for adding schparkle to The Flower Challenge! Hugs, Darnell p.s. That rainbow elephant card below is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Darnell. I appreciate your kind words so much. Blogspot says that you are following me so I'm not sure what happened there. Thanks again xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning card, I do so love this stamp and have to stop myself buying as I have so many Roses. I also love the small amount of background blending. Thank you so much for participating in the flower blog challenge hugs Aileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aileen. I bought it cos I didn't have any roses lol. Thanks for your support xo

      Delete
  4. Wow, your colouring is beautiful and I love the subtle sparkle. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cara. I hope to participate next month as well xo

      Delete

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card