25 Aug 2020

Fairies In The Forest Celebrating A Birthday

 This card is for my granddaughter who's turning two soon. Where does the time go??

I started with 2 panels of shiny cardstock and used alcohol inks in pearl sublime ( main colour), with small amounts of willow, patina and sunshine yellow. The alcohol pearl ink gave a beautiful shimmer. I also added some gold foil.

When they had dried, I trimmed them both to card size and chose the best one and used a die from Hero Arts my monthly hero September 18 to cut out the centre.

I then used an oval die to cut out the middle of the other panel. I adhered to two together, but only around the outside edge so I'd be able to tuck the fairies in . 

I saved the off cuts to cut letters for Veronica's name using Hero Arts Uppercase Alphabet Fancy Dies and a couple of extra leaves I tucked in.

I thought it needed more, so inked around the edges with black soot distress ink ( as seen in the final photos).

I stamped and coloured with copic markers the fairies, house and flowers from Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends stamp set and used coordinating dies.

On another panel, I softly blended distress inks antique linen and mowed lawn. I regret not adding more texture here but we live and learn. This panel was adhered to the front of a Neenah desert storm cardbase. To this, I adhered the fairy house and some flowers.

For the shaker, I added acetate behind the opening in the alcohol ink panel and added foam tape around the oval and then covered the back with more foam tape. I've only used one layer of foam. I removed the release paper from only around the oval and added some seed beads and micro beads. Then added another layer of acetate to contain them.

I then removed the rest of the release paper and adhered this to my cardbase.

I tucked the fairies and some more flowers behind the leaves and added a gold 2.

I gold heat embossed Happy Birthday on an off cut but didn't like it on the front of the card so adhered it inside. The inside images are stamped in Momento rich cocoa and coloured with Prismacolor pencils.



Thanks for stopping by,
Helen xo






2 comments:

  1. It turned out fabulous Helen, great job, I need to get into these shakers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Aileen and shakers are so much fun and there's less frustration when 2 layers of acetate are used xo

      Delete

Featured Post

Pink Thank you Card